So, for Christmas, I always ask my husband for one thing. It has to be specific or he cannot cope. Like, tell him what it is, where it is, how much it is and where the wrapping paper is! This year, I wanted a stand mixer. Walmart had a killer price, so I had to tell him to run, not walk to get one and put it on layaway. Even though I knew what I wa getting, I was still excited on Christmas morning. This was by far, the nicest kitchen related gift I have ever gotten!
My family loves it when I bake, and when I have the time, I bake a lot. There are some weekends when I get in the zone and I bake for an entire day. if I am feeling really determined, I can bake the whole weekend! The problem is, we cannot possibly eat it all, so my husband delivers treats to our friends, neighbors and his co-workers. It is like he is some skewed version of the Girl Scouts!! One homemade treat we never have left overs of is my Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Bread. Let me tell you…this thing is like perfection in a loaf pan!!
What makes this Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Bread so yummy is the few secret ingredients I include. I use lemon pudding, which adds a level of moistness you cannot believe. I also add some extra lemon zest to give it that pop of tartness that makes your mouth sing!! If you want to make your family happy, you need to hurry up and eat this Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Bread NOW!!!
Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1½ sticks of room temperature unsalted butter,
- 1 cup lemon pudding, prepared
- ½ cup vanilla almond milk
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs at room temperature, beaten
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- 1½ cups confectioner’s sugar
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 3 tsp. lemon juice
- 3 tsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 loaf pans
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat sugar, pudding and butter until creamy. Add eggs and beat until well mixed. Add milk and vanilla and beat until lightly fluffy.
- On low speed, slowly add the flour mixture into the wet mixture. When all flour is added, beat on medium to high speed for 1 to 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and poppy seeds.
- Pour the batter into greased pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes until golden brown or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes before removing cake from pan. Add glaze and serve