Apparently I have had an obsession with lemons since I was very young. My mom told me a story about a night she and my dad were out to dinner. They took my sister and I with them. We were probably 2 and 9 months old. Mom said she had water with lemon slices and I grabbed a lemon slice and ate it. She said instead of making a face and dropping it, I reached for another one. Fast forward a few decades and I still LOVE anything with lemon in it. One of my favorite desserts is my No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Shortbread Squares.
I am a busy mom and I don’t always have time to make homemade dishes for my family. When I can find a super easy recipe, I am all over it! This No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Shortbread Squares recipe fits that bill to a “T”. All you need are a few ingredients, about 15 minutes and you are on your way to your next household project! I can whip this dessert up and have it chilling in the fridge before the kids even know I’m not in the room!
What I love about this No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Shortbread Squares recipe is how you can switch it up. If you don’t like lemons, substitute lime. If you aren’t a citrus person, use fresh or frozen strawberries. I make this recipe all summer and do it completely different several times. I think what makes this recipe so darn good is that shortbread crust. It is so buttery! Melts in your mouth, trust me!!
No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Shortbread Squares
- 2 cups crushed shortbread cookies
- 3 Tbsp. salted butter, melted
- 1 pkg. Lemon pudding, prepared
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- Line 13x9-inch pan with foil or wax paper
- Mix cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press onto bottom of your pan. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until blended. Gradually beat in pudding. Whisk in 2 cups whipped topping; pour over crust.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Serve topped with remaining whipped topping