This recipe if from my friend Kelly over at Kicking it with Kelly. I am so happy the warm weather is here! Because I live in the south, our spring is more like summer and stays like that through the fall. We enjoy having people over for either lunch or diner and grilling out. I love to relax on the deck with the adults while we watch the kids running around on the lawn or jumping on the trampoline. My husband is the one who is in charge of the grill while I am in charge of the side dishes and the desserts. I really enjoy baking, so making my Strawberry Lemon Pound Cake Trifle Recipe is always a must have in our home!
Now that Caitlin is older, she has gotten interested in helping me in the kitchen. She has a huge sweet tooth like I do, so we tend to concentrate on desserts. Anything with lemon and fruit is in out top favorites, especially my Strawberry Lemon Pound Cake Trifle Recipe. This recipe is the perfect end to any meal. If we are cooking out, the Strawberry Lemon Pound Cake Trifle Recipe is a light dessert for a warm evening. You get the fluffy lemon pound cake, smooth and creamy pudding with light and refreshing Cool Whip and fresh strawberries. As with many of my recipes, this Strawberry Lemon Pound Cake Trifle Recipe is totally adaptable. You can use any flavor cake or pudding and make it your own dessert.
My son prefers all vanilla, so I do a vanilla cake and vanilla pudding for his trifle. For my husband, I do an all chocolate version. If you want to really go all out, you can make a trifle dessert bar and let your guests make their own trifle recipe. You can also make my Traditional Pound Cake Recipe from Scratch and use that as your base for this Strawberry Lemon Pound Cake Trifle Recipe. Here are a few other recipes I thought you may enjoy making, like Kelly’s Banana Bread in a Jar, Gluten Free Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread or her Easy To Make Cake Pops.
Strawberry Lemon Pound Cake Trifle Recipe
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- zest of one lemon
- 1 3 oz. envelope vanilla or lemon instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups whipped cream, freshly whipped
- 1 pint of strawberries, diced
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sugar, butter, sour ream, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon juice with a mixer until blended.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend until smooth. Add oil and lemon zest and mix well.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare instant pudding according to the package directions using 2 cups milk. Allow pudding to set up in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Using a spatula, gently fold in whipped cream.
- To assemble the trifle, cut the pound cake into 1 inch cubes. Place an even layer of cubed cake in the bottom of a trifle bowl. Top with ⅓ of the pudding mixture. Top that with fresh diced strawberries. Repeat the layer process so that the final layer is pudding. with whipped topping (optional) Chill until ready to serve.
What is your favorite trifle recipe?